Daily shipments have become standard for many homeowners due to the rise of online shopping. You enjoy the ease of having packages left right at your main entry, but there is a disadvantage. Those packages sitting in the open are invitations to potential thieves. Porch piracy has become a significant concern, but you have the chance to protect yourself from it by installing a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These surveillance instruments are fantastic tools to deter porch pirates, but they give you so much more.
Take a second to find out how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll become an integral aspect of your smart home.
Perks of a Arlington video doorbell
Manufactured in wireless and wired options, video doorbells offer a great number of sophisticated features, and the technology continues to improve. You now have the ability to set up detection zones, talk to individuals in front of your door, and get real-time notifications whenever a package is delivered.
The best way to find out how a Arlington video doorbell camera works is to delve into the numerous perks it can provide. Think about these features:
- Active crime deterrents: You aren’t able to find this on all models, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that take an active role in deterring crime with warning lights and audible alarms. This is an effective way to let porch pirates know that you are watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You will benefit from seeing the total picture, and that includes the faces of people on your porch and items on the ground. Cameras with superior 180-degree field of vision give you a complete perspective.
- Vivid footage no matter the hour: If you don’t have images that are easy to see, what’s the purpose of using a doorbell camera? Top models will give you amazing HDR resolution and night vision.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you appreciate knowing when a package arrives? You can get automatic alerts from video doorbells capable of differentiating between individuals and boxes.
- Speak with the person at your door: Is there somebody lingering at your front door? Bi-directional audio allows you to find out why they’re there. You could even take advantage of this beneficial feature to scare off people hanging around your walkway.
- Avoid false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even allow you to set up your own detection zones. Clearly identifying the area to be viewed will help you cut down on false alarms caused by pedestrians or pets.
- Easy video access: A video doorbell configured into your smart home offers you the chance to see real-time and saved video straight from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like you’ve never been before, as you can engage with them from the palm of your hand, regardless of your location. They’ll notify you when a visitor arrives, provide visuals of what’s going on, and even let you talk with the person at your door. These devices have turned into game-changers in terms of safety and convenience.