How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Arlington smart home
At the heart of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a united system. This intuitive, 7-inch color interface puts you in total control of your Arlington home’s automation and security. See how it can benefit you and explore recommendations to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Arlington do for you?
Wirelessly coupling to components with radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your residence. You can arm your system, operate lights, update the thermostat, and more. When incorporating a video doorbell, you can even talk to someone at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a battery backup and cellular capability for added reliability. It also offers complete remote operation through the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- Check real-time or recorded video from your linked cameras
- Arm or disarm your system
- Switch lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Change your thermostat’s temperature
- Talk directly to monitoring agents
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Arlington by implementing schedules or initiating rules. For example, you can have your smart thermostat adjust automatically every night at a particular time. Or, you can add preferences like having your doors unlock when the smoke alarm triggers.
Tips for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you jump into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll want to grasp how to arm and disarm your system. It’s straightforward - just adhere to these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will still be present inside your home and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away indicates you will be away, and everything in the home will activate.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
You’ll observe a warning if something is preventing the system from arming. For example, an open window or door will urge you to act. Note that you can still arm the system by adhering to the instructions above. You will then need to verify you would like to circumvent the sensor in question.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Arlington
Although various users can be programmed when you first get your system, you may want to add an additional user at some point. Here’s how you can.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Press “Name,” enter the the name you want to use, and tap the Next button.
- If you wish to give the user remote capability, choose phone or email and enter the info to deliver an invitation.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To delete a user, just go to the menu, touch users, pick the user you want to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take control of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-use touchscreen console? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Arlington security system. Dial (703) 791-1576 to get started.