What should you do when your Arlington home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system safeguards your home – and your family – against the various risks you may encounter, like theft, flooding, and fire. Even though your home may be prepared, that doesn’t mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your Arlington home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm can be startling, disorienting, and could provoke panic. Your best option is to stay level-headed and abide by these simple guidelines.
Steps to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Arlington Goes Off
Nobody wants to be in this dilemma, but it’s also the reason why you installed a home alarm system originally. You’re roused in the wee hours of the morning with the unmistakable sounding of an alarm after a home security component has been activated. What should you do?
- Try not to panic. This is easy to say but harder to do when your home security alarm is blasting, and your pulse is beating rapidly. But staying calm is the most effective way to assess the situation. Avoid the temptation of trying to deal with the emergency on your own but instead permit your monitoring agents and first responders to perform their job.
- Attend to your family members. Your primary concern should be your loved ones and moving them out of harm’s way. In the case of a burglary, this might involve proceeding to a predetermined secure area as far from entrances as possible. The trespasser was likely already scared off by the alarm, but it’s always smart to take extra precaution. If there’s smoke or flames, please exit your home without delay.
- Don’t forget your smartphone. The vast majority of people keep their smartphones with them constantly these days, but you may neglect to grab it during an urgent situation. Try to remember it. You’ll have the opportunity to keep in contact with your monitoring specialists and obtain updates through your home security app.
Collaborate With Your 24-hour Monitoring Specialists
Any time your home alarm system in Arlington goes off, your 24-hour monitoring specialists will spring to action. Their first step is to verify your alarm, and that involves reaching out to you. The guideline they follow is based on the sort of emergency. For example, when the emergency is is for medical reasons, one effort will be made to reach you before help is dispatched. If you have an intrusion - the most typical sort of alarm - a monitoring agent will abide by these guidelines to get in touch with you:
- An attempt will be made to communicate with you through the touchscreen interface. You will generally be required to supply a passcode.
- If that attempt doesn’t get a reply, a call is attempted to your primary contact number.
- A second number or your first contact person is called next.
- If there is still no answer, area police are sent.
- Your monitoring professionals will try to reach you again once emergency personnel are alerted.
If you're not in a situation where you can converse with monitoring staff, that’s OK. Help will still be sent even if you're not available to confirm the emergency.
Be prepared for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Arlington
Get prepared for any crisis with a modern home alarm system in Arlington from Vivint. Dial (703) 791-1576 to begin customizing your home’s protection today.